Monday, January 10, 2011

Clay project

Last fall I had my daughter make 130 clay tags to add to snack bags that I would be handing out at our annual Christian Women's Retreat.
I wanted something that would refer to the snack inside the bag,
but also something spiritual....hence,
be filled
.
Here are the steps she took {I helped some!}

The clay {bought at JoAnn's} ~

Softening the clay~
Rolling it out and cutting the shapes ~
"Stamping" each letter of be filled on 130 circles! ~
Baking ~
After the baking we dry brushed them with a bit of white acrylic paint. ~
Sprayed with a clear finishing spray, added twine and have a finished product. ~My daughter enjoyed working with the clay alot!
You can stamp just about anything onto the clay and it bakes perfectly.

You could easily stamp names of your guests for the party.
Great table seating markers, favor bag tags or key chains as a gift too.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

cute clay tags-love that idea for the drink & favor tags too!

Jen said...

They were amazing, Lisa!
- Jen

Lissa (The Wedding Bistro at Bellenza) said...

What a cute DIY idea! Great as party favors with a practical use. (Glad to see your blog is back!)