Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Sew your own tablecloth

One aspect of party planning is always finding the right tablecovering.
It is a pretty big impact on the setting.
I love looking at fabrics and recently I've been having my mom sew napkins for different parties. With all fabrics out there the possibilities are endless so instead of buying a paper or plastic tablecloth from the Party Store, just DIY. :)
Now for me...sewing is not an easy task and I usually just end up with a bunch of knotted up thread...so it's pretty handy to have a mom that loves to sew and does amazing work!
Directions for this tablecloth are found at Sew 4 Home.
And hey...did you notice the garland in the background of this picture? How cute is that!!

3 comments:

Brenda said...

So glad you posted this - I can't sew worth a darn, but I really want to invest in some cloth tablecovers so I can stop using plastic. So much better for the environment, plus it looks nicer!

Onna said...

LOVE the garland in that pic and what a great DIY project idea!

CAKE Creative Co. said...

yet another excellent reason that i wish i knew how to use a sewing machine. *sigh*