Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Wedding Inspiration

My niece is getting married next summer and guess who gets to do the decorating! :)
Here is one of the first pictures she sent my way of something she likes.
And the inspiration board she loves.
Her colors are bright pink and gold.
Very elegant is what she wants.
I'll try my best.
She is a fancy girl....no rustic for her. :)
Her wedding will be outdoors at her parents farm with the reception being in one of the sheds.
I love the look of this picture.
Might soften up the look of the shed. Not sure how it would work and of course I'd have to stick with the pinks and golds for color. We've been looking alot for ideas and one thing that has us a bit stumped is the favors.
The one thing that she and her fiance love doing together is watching movies.
I am not sure how to bring a movie favor into an elegant theme.
Any ideas would be great!
And I am sure I will have more questions for my wonderful readers. :)
Like....where can I buy inexpensive votive or tea light candle holders in gold?

5 comments:

Chris @ Celebrations At Home said...

Lisa, what about a package of microwave popcorn and twizzlers(or other typical movie theater candy). Or a coupon for a free movie. The "elegance" would come through the packaging, of course. Maybe a gold box tied in pink ribbon.

Hope said...

Wow that inspiration board is wonderful and that last picture of the shed/barn is wonderful. I'm sure you are going to do a great job. Maybe you could bring the movie theme in by naming the tables the names of their favorite movies and pick a favor that relates to one of their favorite movies. Or you could use fancy flavored popcorns in elegant packaging for a twist on the movie theme. You could use some type of food favor with some of their favorite movie quotes as tags? Good luck with whatever you decide!

Enchanted Expectations said...

Love the inspiration board. Your neice has great taste. Since you love candy buffets, as I do, maybe you can do a candy movie buffet of all the great candy found at the movies. Goobers(my personal favorite), mike & ice, and so on. I love the idea of each table name being the couples favorite movie.

Anonymous said...

I like all the ideas for party favors here.

For gold votive holders, I wonder if you can do the marbelizing with pink and gold paint on the regular clear votive holders. I'd give one a try to see how it turns out.

Good luck!
Jen

Hope said...

I saw this idea and immediately thought of this wedding your are planning...I hope you like...http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_foS-_xta83I/Sp6HXYDjZ5I/AAAAAAAABys/94TLqRedhd0/s1600-h/popcorn1.JPG