Sunday, March 15, 2009

Projects I've done for Maci's Party

I have this vision of little butterflies flying through the air over the table at the party so I started cutting out butterflies and attaching them to fishing line. Well I figured out that they are not really butterflies but dragonflies and I had planned to cut the butts off of them and decided that Maci is ONE...she doesn't care!! :) I have to say that I LOVE my Cricut...just wish I had more cartridges. This one I am using isn't even mine. (Thanks Marsha). This picture shows about 8 strands of the BUTTerflies.
Here are the spoons/forks. Found this idea online.
I have little pails with the girls' names on and in Maci's I just have pixie sticks with paper flowers attached. I'll divide them all up evenly for the party. Maci doesn't get them all. :) This last picture is air head lollipops inserted into a paper flower. Need to make flowers for the straws yet and since I haven't been able to find grass mats I think I will just cut out a large flower for the mat. That should work. :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love the "butterflies" :)

Donna @ Party Wishes said...

These are just adorable! Can't wait to see the final party!

testing 1 said...

Too cute! I have a garden themed party coming up and I may have to borrow a few ideas :)

Kathleen W. said...

Cute ideas! My son is having his first birthday this week and we have a circus theme (you commented on the banner I made with the Ultimate Blog party post). Those flower lollipops are adorable!

Brenda said...

I love everything! The Cricut makes crafting so much easier!

How did you attach the butterflies to the fishing line?

I just made similar lollipop flowers for my daughter's spring tea party - only with foam flowers & tootsie pops...great minds think alike!